Offerings that you make don’t need to be expensive or extravagant. Here are 10 simple gifts for the Gods that will show your devotion without breaking the bank.
- Prayer flags – Garlands of cloth flags, often printed with prayers are left hung outside where the breeze can blow. As the fabric unravels the prayers are carried on the wind.
- Clottie Rags – Very similar to prayer flags, the colorful strips of cloth tied into the branches of trees.
- Finished feathers – Decorated feathers can be painted, tied with ribbons, or even wrapped in metal work.
- Fairy Cakes – If you’ll be baking to leave gifts for the Gods, be sure that you use ingredients that are safe for animals that may find your offering.
- Food & Wine – Since ancient times offerings of meat, grain, wine, and honey have been left for the Gods. Set aside a small portion of your meal and leave it for ancestors or divinity.
- Herb Bags, Bundles, and Flowers – Different types of herbs work to help manifest your goals. Discover which are associated with the Gods you most work with.
- Prayer Notes & Cards – Written prayers on slips of paper and left in a sacred space are an ancient form of magic.
- Twig Bundles& Floss wrapped sticks – As you wrap the bundles bind these offerings to the Gods. Use colorful corresponding threads, in natural materials to help set your intent.
- Tassels – Simple to make, tassels can be designed in a wide variety of colors and styles to honor your Gods. String them into a garland and decorate your altar space with them.
- Shells & Stones – Simple and beautiful offerings, be on the look-out for unique shells and stones everywhere you go.
Kristen Kirk for White Oak Grove CUUPs ©2017 Kristen Kirk